All the world over, so easy to see
People everywhere just wanna be free
Listen, please listen, that’s the way it should be
Deep in the valley, people got to be free.
Shout it from the mountain on out to the sea
No two ways about it, people have to be free
Ask me my opinion, my opinion will be
Nat’ral situation for a man to be free.
Below is a link to an interview with the young Google executive who was kidnapped and held hostage by the Egyptian government for two weeks as the protests began. He and others mobilized the power for the Internet, Facebook and Twitter in the wake of the killing of an unarmed man in Alexandria about a month ago. That event and the instant spreading of the word in its aftermath became a lightning rod for the protests.
I believe this is the face of the revolution. He is smart. He understands technology. I believe what he’s started is irresistible, unstoppable, inevitable. As you watch the fall of Mubarek on CNN, I hope you will marvel at the power of the Internet to quickly disseminate information, to put people in motion. For me, that is what this all about.
Dan Desmond asked for the four one-page Help-U-Sell benefit flyers in a format he could post on Facebook. I’ve reproduced them here, one after the other, for that purpose. Dan, feel free to ‘Share’ in this format, or just copy/paste into your own blog and then ‘Share’ from there.
A new edition of Help-U-Sell Connect is online and ready for you to read. There are a number of tips for getting the most out of your new Help-U-Sell office website as well as Top Producer recognition and a new video update. Thanks, Tami, for keeping us all up-to-date!
Click HERE to be directed to the Help-U-Sell Connect newsletter
If you’re looking for stimulating business news, please skip this post. If, however, you just want to take a break for 10 minutes, continue on.
The AARP Bulletin had the 50 best things ever said in the movies in their latest edition. Ok, I admit it: I am a ‘Senior Citizen’ by many definitions, I belong to AARP (great discounts!), and I find their two publications refreshingly youthful and positive. So there. Just for fun, I thought I’d reproduce the 50 quotes — less ten I thought were pretty lame — and challenge you to name either the movie or the actor who spoke the words. If you think you have them, you can post your answers in a comment and the prize, to be awarded to everyone who gets all of them correct will be . . . the joy of having completed the task without error! Here goes:
- Play it, Sam. Play ‘As Time Goes By.’
- A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chainti.
- You don’t understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody. Instead of a bum, which is what I am.
- Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.
- Louis, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.
- After all, tomorrow is another day!
- Badges? We ain’t got no badges! We don’t need no badges! I don’t have to show you any stinking badges!
- We rob banks.
- It’s alive! It’s alive!
- You’re gonna need a bigger boat.
- You know how to whistle, don’t you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow.
- I’ll have what she’s having.
- Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.
- I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
- All right, Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up.
- I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.
- Fasten your seat belts. It’s going to be a bumpy night.
- I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!
- I’m walking here! I’m walking here!
- Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.
- Oh, Jerry, don’t let’s ask for the moon. We have the stars!
- Round up the usual suspects.
- I see dead people.
- Why don’t you come up sometime and see me?
- What we have here is a failure to communicate.
- You talking to me?
- Go ahead, make my day.
- Show me the money!
- There’s no place like home.
- You can’t handle the truth!
- I’ll be back.
- If you build it he will come.
- We’ll always have Paris.
- Houston, we have a problem.
- Here’s looking at you, kid.
- The stuff that dreams are made of.
- I am big! It’s the pictures that got small.
- May the force be with you.